Wednesday 2 July 2014

Sev Necati Training works with Brent Council & Crest Girls!!!

Sev Necati Training worked in partnership with Brent Council and Crest Girls Academy to deliver a series of workshops for young girls and females in personal safety and self-defence.

The programme “Women & Young People’s Safety Solutions” took place at Crest Girls Academy and the females who were as young as fourteen took part in practical exercises in self-defence.  This included floor work and pushing their boundaries.  They learnt how to deal with incidents where they may either be pushed to the floor or find themselves in serious sexual assault incidents.



The females came from a range of different backgrounds, cultures, ages and abilities.  This included females who came from strict religious backgrounds and also whose first language was not English.  The females that took part expressed how they thoroughly enjoyed the programme with many saying how their self-esteem, and confidence levels as well as being more aware of their rights.

Some Comments from the females when asked what they enjoyed about the session:

“I now know what I can do in dangerous situations.”
“I enjoyed the group work.”
“Very good knowledgeable trainer.  I would attend again if there was an opportunity.”
“Boosted level of confidence.”
“I enjoyed the practical exercises and training.”
“I have learnt so much about how to defend myself and it improved my fitness.”
“I have enjoyed the training so much and the discussions in the sessions.”
“Excellent training.  Fantastic teacher.”


“I enjoyed the floor work.”
“I have enjoyed the exercises a lot – very much and it has toned up my body.”
“I enjoyed meeting new people.”
“I really enjoyed the drills!!!!”
“The trainer was very empowering.  The sessions built up my confidence.”
“The knowledge of the trainer was very good.”
“I liked learning the practical training especially the floor stuff.”
“These training sessions have brought my confidence up as I now know what to do in certain dangerous situations.  It has also taught me to not give up whilst training because at the end it’ll be worth it.”
“I enjoyed doing the floor work attacks because it gave me a sense of what really could happen, it felt real.”

“Really helpful programme.  Boosted my confidence!”
“The practice we had with the knives made me more confident as I know what to do if I were ever a victim of knife crime.”
“The talks we had have made me more aware of my rights.”
“The practical advice has been excellent and really empowered me.”
“I really felt the improvement to my stamina levels from one weekly session to the next, as a result of the physical techniques that were taught.”


“The classes were tailored towards all females of all ages and ability.”
“The trainer really knows how to teach people to push themselves.”

Our projects work to inspire females from all backgrounds and abilities.  We work towards building the confidence of these women and girls and hope we continue to inspire them to make positive changes in their lives for their benefit.


The Crest Girls’ Academy offers single sex education up to the age of 16. The girls then join the highly successful and growing Crest Sixth Form. From here students have gained university places across the country including Cambridge University, King’s College London, Queen Mary’s London, the School of Oriental and African Studies and the University of London.

If you are looking for sessions, workshops, projects and programmes that are both engaging, interactive and fun, but also informative and educational then please contact us at:
info@sevnecatitraining.com


No comments:

Post a Comment