Tuesday 22 October 2019

Partnership working with Ealing, and the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime with Sev Necati Training!


Sev Necati worked in partnership with Ealing, and the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime, to deliver our award winning project “Women & Young People’s Safety Solution.”



We delivered four successful courses and this is how our last course made a positive impact on the group!



SNT works with women and girls that have experienced all types of abuse and violence, including harassment, stalking, domestic, and sexual, coercion, grooming, exploitation and any other criminal activity.



Our projects are all inclusive, however we aim to work with those that are deemed most vulnerable, with multiple barriers, who are isolated, come from dysfunctional families, have experience of violence in the home, and living in areas with high unemployment and who may be experiencing mental health issues, because of the deprivation that surrounds them. 



We teach them how to keep safe, through practical and realistic self-defence skills and empower them to make positive choices.  The training is a way of inspiring young girls and women to understand their self-worth and build confidence levels.  Improvement in fitness levels, as well as overall mental and emotional health is achieved, through our holistic approach.



The Participant - Case Study - One
Caroline, 37, White British, married with 2 children.

Please tell us why you became involved in the project/activities?
I became involved in the course because I was nervous and not very confident going out at night.  I also have two younger daughters and I wanted to become more aware if something was to come up what I would do.

Growing up in a rough area I have seen a lot of things and have been broken into and I am drawn to seeing these things.  I wanted to be more prepared if something was to happen to me.



I have been in car incidents before when someone has chased me and also once I was walking across a field and someone jumped out on me and then chased me.  I was very young at the time 18, and these were frightening incidents, I was lucky that nothing more serious happened at the time.  I want to be better prepared because of my two young children.



Please tell us how participating has helped you?
The main thing’s the sessions have helped me with include making me much more aware of my surroundings and people, like the phone situation, shouting really loudly to raise attention to get help, and having the confidence to hit back in a threatening situation.  The training really helped me be able to fight back and be more prepared if something was to happen.

The physical side has assisted me gain my confidence of being able to hit back, for example the floor work, the vulnerabilities of women and young girls, I would have just panicked before, but now I have practised the techniques you have taught us I feel much more confident that I would know what to do.



The theory was excellent, I realise that things are just not in my head, they do happen to women. Like the economically side of things, being independent and now being married, how I rely on my husband much more.  How women can fall into the trap of depending on someone, it just raised issues, like, it is just not me, it happens to all women and girls.  Also like physical intimidation, like someone being too close in your space and not knowing what to do and feeling uncomfortable and now understanding if it’s not right, if you’re not comfortable then speaking out about it.



Please tell us what has changed for you as a result of engaging with the project?
What has changed for me I am more confident in my own opinions, and what I say, how I think and speaking up for myself and when I am out and about, knowing what to do if something did happen and what to do.  I am still nervous a little at night but much more aware.

It has had a positive effect on me and my outlook on life, its ok to be suspicious in the right circumstances.



A very good and helpful course, very moved by it. 

I was very emotional at times, seeing how others experienced things, especially younger girls and I would love my girls to do the course when they are old enough.

Thank you so much Sev, this is a Brilliant course and I will be recommending it!






Some of the Females Comments

"The confidence of Sev - the Trainer, she was able to pass this confidence to others, help women to open up & talk through difficult situations."

"Sev made me feel more confident & empowered, that has helped me to feel better about myself & less self-conscious."




"I am stronger, more positive & capable."

"Being physically active & understanding what it feels like to be under threat or under attack"




"Sev's direct approach helped me to understand & appreciate how important the course was."

"Sev's such a character & her generosity & openness are inspiring! Thank you!"



"I thought Sev is an amazing instructor, who says it how it is, & doesn't sugar coat things."
"Sev is strong & funny!"





"The activities has improved my fitness but were also fun!"
"The improvement in each individuals confidence over the weeks, stood out."



"This was invaluable & really increased my understanding - mentally & physically."
"Building self-esteem & confidence helps us feel & be stronger."




"Thank you Sev, you are amazing!"
"I liked Sev's direct, no nonsense attitude & believe this intervention should be compulsory for all girls & women! Thank you Sev!"



"The whole course was amazing!"
"I feel far more physically confident & able than I did before I had this training."







All names of participants have been changed to protect their identity.


If you are looking for sessions, courses, workshops, projects and programmes that are both engaging, interactive and fun, but also informative and educational then please contact us at:
info@sevnecatitraining.com



If you think that you would like to get involved in our projects then please get in contact.  Our aim is to reduce violence and the fear of violence especially towards females and young people and we do this by delivering empowering and inspiring projects to the local community.  Please contact us: info@sevnecatitraining.com




No comments:

Post a Comment