Thursday 29 January 2015

Mossbourne School in Hackney work’s with Sev Necati Training

Sev Necati worked in partnership with Mossbourne, to deliver workshops for young people in year 7 as part of their PSCHE day.

All the young people had discussions on staying safe in their communities as well as taking part in practical techniques in self-protection.



The importance of such skills and knowledge is imperative especially as they transition from primary into secondary school, this can be a very vulnerable time for many, as they longer have the comfort of having parents / careers take them to and from school and have to learn to travel on their own, as well as for some learning to use London transport for the first time.
The session’s look to educate and empower young people to think about how they can stay safe on the streets and whilst travelling to and from school and in their communities.



We had student’s evaluations back which were 100% positive feedback.  Teachers also commented on how happy they were with the session for each of their year groups.

“It was very informative.  Young people were able to discuss their views and take part in a practical.”  Teacher, Year 7.

Some Young Student’s Comments:
“All the scenarios she showed us because they were like real ones and we could learn from them.”
“I liked the discussions and I could relate to what miss was saying.”
“I liked the way she explained.”
“I liked the way that I learnt new things and what to do if I was in a threatening situation.”
“The session was helpful.”
“I liked how we got to participate.”
“It taught me a lot about safety.”


“The practical and that she was really interactive.”
“I enjoyed being taught how to protect myself.”
“I liked the advice she gave.”
“I liked the practical.  It was fun.”
 “I enjoyed the self-defence.”
“I liked the discussions.”
“I enjoyed the session as we could interact.”
“Yes, I liked that I was taught a lot of life skills.”
“Learning how to protect myself.”
“I enjoyed the drama.”
“I liked acting out one of the self-defence methods.”


“Acting and practising what to do and I liked working together.”
“I enjoyed learning how to defend myself if I was in a situation which was dangerous.”
“I liked the different techniques.”
“Learning how to keep safe and get help when you’re in danger.”
“I liked everything; this was a really fun session.”



Mossbourne Community Academy has raised educational achievement to the very highest levels. As one of the country’s leading academies, it is in the vanguard of school improvement. Examination results place Mossbourne in the top 1% of schools, nationally, and the latest Ofsted inspection described Mossbourne as ‘outstanding’ but even within that category ‘exceptional.’ Working in the local community and within a strong partnership of Hackney schools, Mossbourne will raise aspirations, expectations and achievement for all students and will continue to make a major contribution to the development of educational excellence in Hackney.

If you are looking for sessions and workshops that are both engaging, interactive and fun, but also informative and educational then please contact us: info@sevnecatitraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment