Tuesday 10 January 2012

City Lit works with Sev Necati Training

Sev Necati worked in partnership with City Lit to deliver awareness and avoidance training to their staff and lone workers.


The training delivered to staff and management included teaching them to be aware, evaluate and diffuse situations. It provided a forum where they were able to ask questions about their own personal fears they may have in and outside of the workplace. They took part in a practical where what they had learnt in theory they could see and use in reality.





“We work in the community running Family learning courses and different adult only courses with a crèche . We work in different inner London boroughs, all our work happens out in the community , most of the time in very deprived areas. We tend to walk and use public transport.


All my staff were talking about the training for days afterwards and we will be personally recommending Sev’s training to others. Sev was great.”
Alison.L. Bernstein Family Learning Co-ordinator



“It made me more aware of what I should do in case things happen in the future. I also learned how to prevent myself from being a victim.”- Finnie

“I found this training extremely useful, both professionally and for my personal life. I am now more aware of how to conduct myself when out and about and also I understand better how to manage potentially difficult situations. Thank you. “– Mandy

“I found practising the defence moves to be really beneficial. Without the guided practise it is just all theory, but now I feel more equipped to deal with something if it arises.” - Lisa .

“I feel I have a better understanding of how to protect myself.” – Nuru

“I was attacked and mugged whilst walking alone almost 2 months ago. This was a devastating experience which affected my confidence and made me very afraid to walk outside. This incident also had a very big impact on my life as I need to do a lot of walking for my job and most of the time I am on my own , the fear of feeling so vulnerable was almost too much to bear , however after doing the training with Sev I now feel more confidence to walk outside alone and this is due to me being aware of how to protect myself and how to deal with potential difficult situations. I still feel quite vulnerable but I do have a greater awareness for my personal safety. Thank you.” - Alison

“It was fast-paced, no-nonsense advice, with an excellent practical”

“Excellent. Realistic and extremely helpful practical exercises”




City Lit is London's ultimate destination for inspiring evening, daytime and weekend courses for adults. Each year they offer thousands of part-time courses, always trying to follow new trends and the passions and interests of their learners.  City Lit, was awarded Grade 1 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in July 2011.



If you are looking for solutions and packages that are tailor made, meet the needs of your staff and management and resolve your problems, as well as being engaging, interactive and fun, but also informative and educational then please contact us.

No comments:

Post a Comment